Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A-Rod Targets Tuesday Return

Old news now, but Alex Rodriguez's MRI results yesterday were not convincing enough to warrant a weekend return to action. Instead Rodriguez plans to rejoin the team this Tuesday should he avoid any setbacks in the meantime.

Alex Rodriguez is "frustrated" by the slow healing of his strained right quadriceps, he said today, and hopes to return to the Yankees by next Tuesday.

Rodriguez confirmed his MRI yesterday showed the strain had gone from grade 2 (moderate) to grade 1 (mild) and said Allen Miller, the Yankees' Tampa-based orthopedic surgeon, said another MRI will not be necessary

"We're aiming for Tuesday," Rodriguez said. "It's frustrating because I feel like I need to be out there helping the team.

"I felt I could have played probably this weekend. I need to get back."

No comments: