Wednesday, January 31, 2007


In all of my running around I completely overlooked Barry Bonds's blog. His excitement, love for the fans & for the game is affable. Wait, wrong word. I meant laughable. See for your self.

Dear Fans,

I am excited to announce that I will be playing baseball in a Giants uniform this season. I have always said, and continue to say, that San Francisco is my home and where I want to be. I am committed to the organization and I am looking forward to a championship season with my teammates.

My trip to the Dominican Republic was awesome. The Juan Marichal Golf Classic was a great success and I love spending time with the Marichal family, telling stories about the days when Juan, Willie and my dad played. I have to give a heartfelt thanks to Dr. Luis Jose Asilis and the
Marichal family for their hospitality during my stay in the DR.

Right now I am enjoying being home with my family, working out and preparing for Spring Training. See you all in February.


Later,


Barry Bonds


Not so fast Bar-oid. Right now Bud Selig has mad scientists and a braintrust reminiscient of the Manhattan Project mulling through ways to keep Bonds from breaking Hank Aaron's record in 2007. As Highlander would announce: There can be only one! We will see what goes down in the coming days. I predict a Bonds contract will be completed prompting Selig to go into hiding when Aaron's record is soiled, er . . . surpassed.

If you remember those entertaining "MadLib" books, this Bonds address would certainly make a good one. All you have to do is substitute "performance-enhancing drugs" for every noun. For example: "Right now I am enjoying being home with my performance-enhancing drugs." It's that easy.

No comments: