Sunday, March 23, 2008

A-Rod Unconcerned With Canseco Book. Within the Boston Globe piece Alex Rodriguez speaks about the new ownership, his friendship with Manny Ramirez, and of course himself.
The quote in which Rodriguez explains "I always knew I was a great player," by itself comes across as cocky, but when put into the context that he is explaining how he recovered from a disasterous 2006 season [disasterous by A-Rod's immortal career thus far] the statement is far less toxic.
From the article:
"To be in this Yankees-Red Sox rivalry is a gift. I think anyone who played in New York or Boston and then goes somewhere else, at least for me, it would be quite a drop-off."
A-Rod is also getting a kick out of Hank Steinbrenner.
"I think it's good for baseball," he said. "When you have a great, passionate owner, it's great. It's great for you [media] guys."
He spoke about his affection for Manny Ramírez and responded to a story that he had advised Ramírez to hire Boras.
"I talk a lot with Manny, but I really don't want to talk about any promotion for anyone," he said. "Definitely don't want to promote that.
"When all is said and done, Manny will be the greatest righthanded hitter ever. I'm very biased because he's one of my best friends. I just love Manny."
.Aw.

No comments: