Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Fallout Begins

I'll believe it when I see it, but Mariano Rivera implied he would seriously test the free-agent market:
“They had the opportunities and they didn’t do nothing with me,” Rivera said, according to the Star-Ledger of Newark. “So we’ll see what happens. ... This is a business."
Then there's Jorge Posada who could draw a ton of interest from the Mets should he decide to play elsewhere:
"I'll talk about that later," Posada said, according to The New York Daily News. "We just lost a series. There's nothing to talk about, nothing to talk about Joe Torre, nothing to talk about right now."
Andy Pettitte has a player option for 2008, but barring an offseason injury, appears a probable member of next year's rotation:
"The biggest thing for me is just my family," he said, according to the Star-Ledger. "I have to get somewhere where I can talk to them about it and figure out what I'm going to do."
Last but not least, Alex Rodriguez:
"One of the reasons I came here was to help this team win a world championship," Rodriguez said Monday night. "I have failed at that."
Let the vigil begin. To be fair, Rivera tempered his comments by concluding "I would never hold anything against [the Yankees]."

No comments: