Monday, May 19, 2008

A-Rod Is A-OK For Return

Alex Rodriguez is ready to go per the Star Ledger update:

The word from Tampa: Alex Rodriguez went 2-for-6 in his final extended spring training game and is ready to join the team tomorrow.

"I'm excited to get back into Yankee Stadium and playing baseball. It's where I belong," Rodriguez told the Associated Press.

More from the AP: Rodriguez doubled and singled in six at-bats against Philadelphia minor league right-hander Reginal Simon. He also reached on error, struck out and flied out twice, making him 3-for-10 with a homer in two extended spring training games.

"I wanted to go left, I wanted to go right defensively. I wanted to come forward on some slow rollers, and I got every [grounder]," Rodriguez said. "I'm happy about that. I got a chance to slide a few times, and swing the bat well."

The defending AL MVP will have a great deal of pressure on his shoulders to immediately perform at a high level.

No comments: