Thursday, March 20, 2008

March Madness Is A Holiday

One of the best days in sports is upon us as March Madness commences. Every time I fill out my brackets I end up scratching more names than Steve Buscemi in Billy Madison. My final four ended up as Louisville, Georgetown, Memphis and UCLA with Ben Howland's Bruins winning it all.

Since recovering their status as a college national power I've never had much faith in them. They have, however, found their way into the final four the past two years. And, because I had the same perspective on the Florida Gators [until they won back-to-back championships], I figured now is a good time to jump on the bandwagon.

North Carolina is stacked offensively but does not play defense. An aspect of the game that Louisville excels in and I believe will ultimately enable them to pick off Tennessee and UNC to reach the final four. And - ESPN analysts might like to take note - you cannot simply pick the chalk from each region and expect to be taken seriously successful. Plus, one of the Cardinals power forwards is from my hometown.

No comments: